This article is part of our series on Trackers:
- Tracker Overview (you are here)
- How-to: Creating a new tracker from scratch
- How-to: Tracking your transactions
- How-to: Creating a new tracker from a transaction
- How-to: Removing a tracker from a transaction
- Troubleshooting: Why are transactions showing up in the wrong tracker?
What are trackers?
Trackers help you keep an eye on how much you are spending at certain merchants or on certain categories. For example, if you want to know how much you are spending on coffee, you can set up a tracker so your purchases from your regular coffee shop(s) are tracked.
Each tracker can track spending at one or more merchants as well as spending on individual transactions. Per tracker, choose whether to see your total spending or compare your current month spending to the prior month.
Once trackers are enabled, you will see insights from those trackers in your transaction list. For more details, click on the tracker entry in your card feed, or on the tracker name from the side-nav.
Tracking recurring transactions
When you add a transaction to a tracker, you have two options:
Track "Just for this one transaction"
Track "All transactions from this merchant"
Tracker display options
You can have your trackers display YTD spending, or MoM spending